Sometimes a project comes along that is so mind-bendingly simple in its premise you wonder why no one thought of it before.
PLAYlist is one such concept. A night of plays inspired by music. Sounds straightforward enough. But then – the plays must be no longer than the piece of music that inspired them! Whaaaat?!!?
Sometimes there is a theme imposed. Sometimes not – in which case it’s a PLAYlist: Shuffle.
My play Heart Shaped Hole has been selected to be part of the next Shuffle line-up.
It was inspired by Anyone Who Had A Heart by Cilla Black. (A song so damn catchy it stays with you forever – finally an explanation to friends and family as to why I’ve been humming it for the past month or so!)
It’s all very, very exciting.
All together now …
“Anyone who ever dreamed could look at me, and know I dream of youuuu. Knowing I love you. So! …”
The line-up in full for PLAYlist: Shuffle 8/5/10:
- Weapon of Choice by Andrew Keatley
- Re:Stacks by Alice Birch
- Neighbourhood by Tom Morton Smith
- The Geese of Beverley Road by Daniel Kanaber
- Curvature by Kenny Emerson
- All The Babies Look The Same by Daniel Smith
- Farewell Transmission by Pamela Carter
- Polaroids by Rosalind Wyllie [my Blood & Money co-writer, it’s a small world!]
- Heart Shaped Hole by … me!