Are you looking for someone to develop and facilitate workshops for students / writing groups / community groups?
With over 10 years experience as a playwright under my belt – learning ‘on the job’ – I can offer practical and informative workshops or be a guest-speaker.
Previous events include:
- Sessions on re-drafting with Creative Writing MA students at Newcastle University.
- Planning and leading a 2-hour workshop for the Traverse Theatre Young Writers Group (age 18-25) on the topic of ‘creating characters’.
- Devising and leading a 2-hour ‘Introduction to Playwriting’ workshop for Durham University students ahead of their annual Drama Festival. “I found Alison’s approach, encouraging us to actively write, fantastic. We weren’t just listening to her tips, we were putting them in action.” – Jessie Honnor, participant (read her full article on the session here)
- An interview and reading my monologue Yackety Yak for an event in Riding Mill, followed by a Q&A with the audience
- Being invited to talk to Live Theatre’s Writers’ Group about my career to date and answering any questions from the participants.
- A talk and Q&A session for the Little Theatre Guild’s AGM at The People’s Theatre
- A Festival of Youth Theatres in Newcastle – I devised and facilitated a 3-hour session on an introduction to writing for the stage for a group, ages 13-20.
- Post-show Q&A following the Tobacco double-bill at Northern Stage
- Devising and led a 2-hour workshop on re-drafting for a community writers group in Shiremoor.
- With Rascally Scoundrels I was invited to join the Panel at the launch event of Writers’ Block North East.
- Newbiggen Arts Forum – I gave a talk to the group about my career to date and my experiences as a playwright.
- Newcastle College – I devised and ran a 2-session workshop on ‘An Introduction to Playwriting’ for the third year Acting and Directing students.
If you would like to arrange or discuss a workshop/talk, please don’t hesitate to get in touch – email@example.com