“I found Alison’s approach, encouraging us to actively write, fantastic. We weren’t just listening to her tips, we were putting them in action.” – workshop participant (read Jessie’s full article on the session here)
Are you looking for someone to develop and deliver workshops for young people, students, writing groups or community groups?
With extensive experience as a playwright under my belt, I can offer practical and informative workshops either in-person or online.
If you’ve got a play you’re writing and would like outside eyes to read it and provide feedback, I also offer script reports (schedule permitting).
“Approaching and receiving feedback from Alison was highly personable and easy. Always reassuring and aware that her job is to advise and develop rather than critique, feedback was open and focused on what was presented. Framing feedback as questions created an open dialogue, sparking ideas, alternatives and tangents …”
– Previous workshops include –
- Leading a two-hour workshop on creative writing for young people (age 14- 25) as part of The Customs House ‘Takeover Festival’ 2021.
- Leading three 90-minute online sessions for the Bolton Octagon on getting started, finding your voice and redrafting.
- Leading a hour-long online session on redrafting for students from Durham University.
- An online Q&A as part of Box of Trick Theatre Company’s Playmakers: Masterclass series.
- Sessions on redrafting with Creative Writing MA students at Newcastle University.
- Leading a two-hour workshop for the Traverse Theatre Young Writers Group (age 18-25) on the topic of ‘creating characters’.
- Leading a two-hour ‘Introduction to Playwriting’ workshop for Durham University students ahead of their annual Drama Festival.
- Leading a three-hour session on an introduction to writing for the stage for a group (age 13-20) as part of A Festival of Youth Theatres in Newcastle.
- Leading a two-hour workshop on re-drafting for a community writers group in Shiremoor.
- Leading a two-session workshop on ‘An Introduction to Playwriting’ for the third year Acting and Directing students at Newcastle University.