“I found Alison’s approach, encouraging us to actively write, fantastic. We weren’t just listening to her tips, we were putting them in action.” – workshop participant (read Jessie’s full article on the session here)
Are you looking for someone to develop and facilitate workshops for students / writing groups / community groups?
With over 15 years experience as a playwright under my belt, I can offer practical and informative workshops or be a guest-speaker.
– Previous events include –
- Leading an online session on redrafting for students from Durham University.
- An online Q&A as part of Box of Trick Theatre Company’s Playmakers: Masterclass series.
- Sessions on redrafting with Creative Writing MA students at Newcastle University.
- Planning and leading a 2-hour workshop for the Traverse Theatre Young Writers Group (age 18-25) on the topic of ‘creating characters’.
- Devising and leading a 2-hour ‘Introduction to Playwriting’ workshop for Durham University students ahead of their annual Drama Festival.
- Being invited to talk to Live Theatre’s Writers’ Group about my career to date and answering any questions from the participants.
- A Festival of Youth Theatres in Newcastle – I devised and facilitated a 3-hour session on an introduction to writing for the stage for a group, ages 13-20.
- Devising and led a 2-hour workshop on re-drafting for a community writers group in Shiremoor.
- With Rascally Scoundrels I was invited to join the Panel at the launch event of Writers’ Block North East.
- Newbiggen Arts Forum – I gave a talk to the group about my career to date and my experiences as a playwright.
- Newcastle College – I devised and ran a 2-session workshop on ‘An Introduction to Playwriting’ for the third year Acting and Directing students.