“I found Alison’s approach, encouraging us to actively write, fantastic. We weren’t just listening to her tips, we were putting them in action.” – workshop participant (read Jessie’s full article on the session here)
“jam packed with practical tools and honest advice” – workshop participant
“Approaching and receiving feedback from Alison was highly personable and easy … Framing feedback as questions created an open dialogue, sparking ideas, alternatives and tangents …” – Kitty Ball, writer
Are you looking for someone to develop and deliver workshops for young people, students, writing groups or community groups?
With extensive experience as a playwright under my belt, I can offer practical and informative workshops either in-person or online.
If you’ve got a play you’re writing and would like outside eyes to read it and provide feedback, I also offer script reports (schedule permitting).
– Previous workshops include –
- Leading a two-hour workshop on creating characters and writing monologues for Storymade & Comedy 50:50
- An online workshop with Becky Prestwich on ‘Writing for Non-Theatre Spaces’ for Box of Tricks Theatre Company’s Playmakers: Masterclass series.
- Leading a two-hour workshop on creative writing for young people (age 14- 25) as part of The Customs House ‘Takeover Festival’ 2021.
- Leading three 90-minute online sessions for the Bolton Octagon on getting started, finding your voice and redrafting.
- Leading a hour-long online session on redrafting for students from Durham University.
- An online Q&A as part of Box of Trick Theatre Company’s Playmakers: Masterclass series.
- Sessions on redrafting with Creative Writing MA students at Newcastle University.
- Leading a two-hour workshop for the Traverse Theatre Young Writers Group (age 18-25) on the topic of ‘creating characters’.
- Leading a two-hour ‘Introduction to Playwriting’ workshop for Durham University students ahead of their annual Drama Festival.
- Leading a three-hour session on an introduction to writing for the stage for a group (age 13-20) as part of A Festival of Youth Theatres in Newcastle.
- Leading a two-hour workshop on re-drafting for a community writers group in Shiremoor.
- Leading a two-session workshop on ‘An Introduction to Playwriting’ for the third year Acting and Directing students at Newcastle University.